[cfe-dev] Trainee Developer for Cfe

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Oct 7 11:02:50 PDT 2014

On 7 October 2014 15:48, Philipp Berger <newsletters at philippberger.de> wrote:
> I know that my approach is not the best approach, but I hope that
> someone can point me in the right direction so that I and you may
> evaluate whether I can contribute anything of value to the Cfe project.

Hi Philipp,

Both attitude and experience counts as very positive, and you seem to
have both! :)

If you look for "clang windows" on our bugzilla (http://llvm.org/bugs)
you'll find plenty of things to do. One way of doing it is going
through the list, picking something that you think you can do,
investigate, discuss. Another thing is to search for the same topic on
the mailing list, and see who are the people that more often work on
Clang/Windows and engage on the list or IRC (OFTC/#llvm), find things
that are not documented but would be cool to have, etc.

You don't need any special permission to work on Clang or to send
patches, or even to review patches, if you feel inclined. The only
thing to remember when reviewing is that the phrase "looks good to me"
(often abbreviated LGTM) tend to be interpreted as "an approval to
commit", so you should only say that when you become a maintainer of
part of the code.

Have a look at the developer's policy for more info at
http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html

And welcome to Clang/LLVM! :D

cheers,
--renato