[cfe-dev] odd character limit while string formatting

Csaba Raduly rcsaba at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 09:59:40 PST 2014

Hi Avind,

The name of RtlInitUnicodeString is 20 characters long. That, plus a 63
character string will not fit into 80 characters, which is probably set as
the maximum line length.

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Arvind Dalvi <arvind.dalvi at outlook.com>
wrote:

> I am assuming this list caters to clang-format tool too. If not, do let me
> know the concerned list.
>
> Today I downloaded the clang-format plugin for Visual Studio and realized
> that when a function call contains 63-character string, the formatting of
> the function call changes. If you look at the samples below, you would find
> that 2nd function call got formatted correctly, whereas the 1st and last
> pulled the parameters down. Is this expected ? If not, any setting that i
> can set to get the 2nd format applied to the 1st and to the last call ?
>
> RtlInitUnicodeString(
>             &czString,
>             L"I am going to type a string that will be 63 characters only..\n");
>
> RtlInitUnicodeString(&czString, L"I am going to type a string that "
>                                 L"will be 64 characters only...\n");
>
> RtlInitAnsiString(
>     azString,
>     L"I am going to type a string that will be 63 characters only..\n");

Csaba

"Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus
Torvalds