[cfe-dev] anyone knows the current state of libc++ on windows?

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Thu May 8 10:17:00 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Dennis Luehring <dl.soluz at gmx.net> wrote:

> i just want to find out if its possible to get rid of MingGW using only
> clang & msvc-link & libc++ & MSVCRT
> or if there is much more work needed

If you eliminate MinGW, you will also need Microsoft's Windows SDK for
windows.h.

I don't think anyone has tried this combination of libraries yet.  You
would have to use the MSVC++ ABI to avoid generating calls to things like
__cxa_guard_acquire, which are usually provided by MinGW.  We don't support
RTTI or exceptions in that ABI yet, though.

Beyond that, I don't think anyone has tried it, so I'm sure some work is
needed to make the pieces fit together perfectly.  C11 _Atomic support
comes to mind.  Clang has it, but we suppress it in the presence of
-fms-compatibility because it conflicts with the MSVC <atomic> header.