[cfe-dev] [libcxxabi] Contributing ARM EHABI support for libcxxabi

Nico Weber thakis at chromium.org
Thu Mar 20 08:12:19 PDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 8:51 PM, jroelofs <jonathan at codesourcery.com> wrote:

> Nico,
>

> Nico Weber wrote
> > 1.) Is there interest for this upstream?
> > 2.) Who should review this? Howard? Nick? Anton?
>
> I'm interested in helping this make it's way upstream.  I'll volunteer to
> help Nick out with the review when the time comes.  Are Github pull
> requests
> to [1] your preferred method of collaboration to help polish this up for
> mainline?

Yes. Taking chunks of it and landing it upstream is useful too. (One simple
and useful thing to upstream would be a macro to differentiate between SJLJ
and dwarf-based exceptions (ours is currently called CXXABI_SJLJ, for
example).

> Nico Weber wrote
> > 3.) r192136 didn’t add any test – how should testing of unwinding code
> > work? Is running the exception tests in the libc++ suite enough?
>
> I'd like to see GTest style unit tests, especially for the personality
> routines.  I'm willing to help write some of them.  Having a convenient way
> to run them with target!=host is especially important to me (e.g. with qemu
> or on real hardware).

Sounds good, but the libc++abi tests have worked fairly well for us so far,
and we're not passing all of them yet.

We're all somewhat busy with other things so upstreaming is moving way
slower than intended. (We did make some progress recently on passing tests
though.)

Looking forward to your help!

Nico