[cfe-dev] MinGW build does not compile with C++11

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Tue Mar 11 08:09:24 PDT 2014

Aaron Ballman <aaron at aaronballman.com> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Yaron Keren <yaron.keren at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Mira Fontan later responded that after switching to mingw-builds the build
>> was ok, so if we also switch the bot to the mingw-build distribution it may
>> start working again. That's not the only reason for switching, the
>> minge-builds distribution supports 64 bit code production which mingw.org
>> does not and gets updated more often.
>
> I think the entire point of that bot is to test MinGW32, not MinGW64,
> which is why I brought this up. We already have coverage for MinGW64:
>
> http://bb.pgr.jp/builders/ninja-clang-x64-mingw64-RA

That's only the 64 bit compiler of MinGW-W64. That project also
publishes a 32 bit compiler, which is what Yaron proposes to use instead
of the compiler provided by mingw.org, IIUC. I concur with him, FWIW.

> So if we switch this bot to MinGW64, while leaving MinGW32 broken, are
> we going to explicitly say we do not support MinGW32?

IMO switching from mingw.org to mingw-w64 as the 32 bit MinGW toolset
makes sense, for the reasons given by Yaron.