[cfe-dev] Clang 3.5 Release Pre-Pre-Pre-Announcement

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Wed Jun 4 15:13:19 PDT 2014

In article <CANt7B+e3tiGm_A3FVgGJeKZP4FK_XvVeO0Lwvvs_TrNmZ0PouQ at mail.gmail.com>,
    =?UTF-8?B?S2ltIEdyw6RzbWFu?= <kim.grasman at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM, Aaron Ballman <aaron at aaronballman.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Richard <legalize at xmission.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> The more we discuss this, the more I'm leaning in the direction of a
> >> different SDK package containing library variant(s) and headers,
> >> leaving the "product" package containing all the binaries but no
> >> headers or librarys or language bindings (i.e. no libclang, python,
> >> etc.).
> >
> > That is my preference as well.
>
> Same here.
>
> The only possible drawback is that to maintain a Unix-like filesystem
> layout (today %PROGRAMFILES%\LLVM\ is the equivalent of /usr/), the
> different installers will have to put their respective files in the
> same root. I'm not sure if that's a problem for NSIS to have two
> packages installed into the same directory, but I figure it might be.

This should only be a problem if NSIS assumes that there is a
one-to-one mapping between installed products and installation
directories.  I know for Windows Installer (MSI) this is not a problem
because the installer has an explicit manifest of all installed files,
but if NSIS's uninstall logic is just "remove everything at the
installation root", then this would be a problem.