[cfe-dev] Building with ASan giving 'undefined ___asan_init_v4'

Alexey Samsonov vonosmas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 11:43:04 PDT 2014

Hi,

You should update (rebuild from trunk) the ASan runtime you use (IIRC it's
a dylib on Mac). We occasionally bump the version of __asan_init to mark
the ABI changes (changes in the interface between compiler instrumentation
and runtime library).

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build cmake with clang + ASan in order to run cmake's tests
> under ASan.  Most everything works, but there's one test where I get:
>
>  Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>    "___asan_init_v4", referenced from:
>        _asan.module_ctor in libfoo.a(foo.cpp.o)
>  ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
>
> This is on OS X 10.8, with clang trunk from a couple of days ago.
>
> Googling ___asan_init_v4 yields next to nothing.  What might be going
> wrong here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --

Alexey Samsonov