[cfe-dev] Building with ASan giving 'undefined ___asan_init_v4'

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Jul 25 11:26:39 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm trying to build cmake with clang + ASan in order to run cmake's tests under ASan.  Most everything works, but there's one test where I get:

   "___asan_init_v4", referenced from:
       _asan.module_ctor in libfoo.a(foo.cpp.o)

This is on OS X 10.8, with clang trunk from a couple of days ago.

Googling ___asan_init_v4 yields next to nothing.  What might be going wrong here?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com