[cfe-dev] Status of SEH?

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Thu Jan 30 16:49:55 PST 2014

----- Original Message -----

To be fair, as I read it, the "Please contact the oversight group for more details." applies only to the situation discussed in the previous sentence (dealing with the "If you or your employer own the rights to a patent and would like to contribute..." situation). If we expect that all patent discussions, regardless of the relationship to the rights holders, will take place *only* with the oversight group, then we need to amend the current wording to make that unquestionably clear.

 -Hal

> >> This because patents are not to be discussed in "a visible forum
> >> for
> >> contributors".
> >> So let's be 100% clear:
> >>
> >> Do not discuss patents or infringement on this list, or any other
> >> llvm
> >> mailing list.
> >> If you have concerns around patents, contact the oversight group.
> >

> > Thanks, please nominate my organisation to the oversight group.
> > We've been
> > advised that we need to stay informed both as a major upstream
> > contributor
> > and as a downstream distributor.

Hal Finkel
Assistant Computational Scientist