[cfe-dev] Feature Request: OMP on demand

Luis Fernando Ayuso Perez luis at dps.uibk.ac.at
Thu Jan 30 01:19:22 PST 2014

Dear Clang-developers

This is a thing about OpenMP and Pragma Handlers

I recently upgraded the tool we develop to use clang 3.4. I found some
trouble since there is some kind of OpenMP support and I had to patch
the code to avoid the registration in the pre-processor of the
"official" OMP pragma handler so we can register ours.

My questions are:
     - How stable/complete is the OpenMP handling? is there any planned
release date for omp support or is just experimental?

     - could be possible to deactivate this code so I don't need patch
the code? There are no facilities to modify the preprocessor top level
pragma handler, and no way to unregister a handler from any namespace
without having the object pointer address.

Would be nice to have something like unregisterNamespace(const
std::String& )  either in the pragmaNamespace Class or in the
preprocessor, this last one could have an accessor to the top level
pragma namespace class registered by default.

cheers!
Luis Ayuso