[cfe-dev] Disable #error?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Thu Jan 16 12:25:25 PST 2014

On 2014-01-16 21:08, Sean Silva wrote:

> I don't see the problem. Just parse the public umbrella header. Clang
> keeps accurate source information and can tell you which file each
> declaration is in, and can even tell you if a file is a system header or
> not.

So mean, when I process the umbrella header I would create D modules for
the private headers included by the umbrella header?

How do I know if the origin of a declaration is in a private header file
or from a header file in a completely different library?

> Also, using the private, internal organization of the library's headers
> to determine the actual user-facing module structure of the D API seems
> *really* unwise....

If I managed to properly translate #include directives I should be able
to get the same structure when translating the umbrella header. Or the
user have to do some final tweaks manually to get the correct structure.
Hmm, it seems very hard to, in general, do a completely automatic
translation.

--
/Jacob Carlborg