[cfe-dev] clang static analyzer checker dev - function argument processing

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Fri Jan 3 09:00:16 PST 2014

Hi, Dave. getArgExpr() is indeed what you want if you're trying to determine how a particular argument is spelled. This gives you back the Expr that represents the argument, which in this case will be a BinaryOperator containing two DeclRefExprs. However, it seems unlikely that that's what you really want to do:

FundFlags flags = FlagA | FlagB;
fund(..., flags, ...);

fund(..., FlagA | (condition ? FlagB : 0), ...);

All of these seem like useful cases that nonetheless are syntactically very different from what you started with.

The analyzer doesn't preserve how constant values are constructed so that it can treat (A | B) and (B | A), for example, as the same path. What are you actually trying to check for?

Jordan