[cfe-dev] cfe-dev Digest, Vol 80, Issue 117

Aitor San Juan aitor.sj at opendeusto.es
Thu Feb 27 00:21:33 PST 2014

Michael,

You will see the complete command executed behind the scenes if you run
scan-build with the verbose option enabled (-v -v):

scan-build -v -v -enable-checker my_checker_name clang -c my_file.c

You may save the output to a file, get rid of the debug messages, save the
first lines, add #!/bin/bash at the beginning, and give it exec permissions
(chmod 755 your_script_name) to run it as a shell script. That's what I did.

However, the previous command seems to not effectively enable the checker
supplied at the command line. As I mentioned in my previous message, the
option "-enable-checker my_checker_name" to scan-build is internally passed
as '-analyzer-checker' 'my_checker_name'. If you inspect the full command
printed out by scan-build (when using -v -v), the default checkers are
enabled with the syntax '-analyzer-checker=core', and so on.

I tried passing '-analyzer-checker=my_checker_name' in the shell script,
but apparently nothing happens.

So I don't know how to enable my custom checker, which, according to the
manual, is disabled by default.

Could anybody shed some light on this?
Many thanks.
Aitor.