[cfe-dev] Coverity vs Clang Static analyzer

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre at debian.org
Mon Feb 24 01:12:47 PST 2014

Hello,

On 24/02/2014 05:57, G Raghuram wrote:
> Manuel,
> Thanks for the information. I would love to be able to help... Do let
> me know some bugs I should start looking at.
>
> 50% false positives implies there is lots of scope for improvement.
> Our code base is mostly C++ with liberal usage of templates and C++11
> features.
Manuel will probably have more concrete bugs but this search:
http://llvm.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=scan-build&list_id=52006
already shows plenty of them.
Just look for "false positive" (please note that we might have some
duplicate).

FYI, I am running once a day scan-build on llvm toolchain (llvm + clang
+ lldb + compiler-rt + polly) base code:
http://buildd-clang.debian.net/scan-build/
If you want to see on a real base code the advantages / drawbacks.

Sylvestre