[cfe-dev] Coverity vs Clang Static analyzer

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Thu Feb 20 02:30:36 PST 2014

Actually, one of the main feature I like in Coverity is cross module analysis.

Getting a warning when you pass a potentially null parameter to a method that try to dereference it unconditionally help me to catch a lot of issues.

When using clang, I also miss some simple warnings like uninitialized C++ members in constructor.