[cfe-dev] MSVC RTTI implementation status

David Majnemer david.majnemer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 22:53:00 PST 2014

Among all those I know of working on the MS ABI compatibility, none have
made RTTI an immediate priority.  Personally, I've made progress
understanding some of the subtleties of the format. However, I've put this
work on my back-burner because it requires changes to LLVM IR itself.

In general, ABI compatibility is most easily achieved when IR constructs
are able to already represent ABI constructs.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for us to maintain a list of things
we do and do not claim to support.