[cfe-dev] Question about ASTMatchers

Christian Schafmeister chris.schaf at verizon.net
Thu Feb 20 11:08:47 PST 2014

I’m creating AST Matchers to match recordDecls and varDecls and match the types for the varDecls to recordDecls.
In many cases the varDecls are instantiating template classes and some of the template classes are specialized.

If I use this matcher:
recordDecl(isTemplateInstantiation(), isSameOrDerivedFrom(recordDecl(hasName("BAR")))).bind(“WHOLE”)    —> FOO<A> node
or
recordDecl(isExplicitTemplateSpecialization(), isSameOrDerivedFrom(recordDecl(hasName("BAR")))).bind(“WHOLE”)   —> FOO<int> node

How do I get the full name of the nodes that match and are bound to “WHOLE”?

node.getName() —>  “FOO” not “FOO<A>”  or “FOO<int>"

Here is the sample code:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <core/foundation.h>
#include <core/object.h>
#include <core/holder.h>

namespace asttooling {

    class BAR {};

    template<typename T> class FOO : public BAR {};
    class A {};

    template<> class FOO<int> : public BAR {};

    void tinyFunc()
    {
        FOO<A> xa;
        FOO<int> xi;