[cfe-dev] [3.5 Release] test-release.sh intended behaviour (was <cxxabi.h> not found by clang-3.5 rc1 with libc++)

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Aug 19 15:51:13 PDT 2014

On 17 August 2014 08:40, Ben Pope <benpope81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently thinking of adding
> -enable-libcpp    Use libc++ if available. [default: disable]
> -use-cmake        Use cmake build system instead of make.
>
> To test-release.sh

Hi Ben,

I can't really help you, since I'm not yet at the stage where I care
much about libc++ on ARM Linux, since I'm still fighting with
compiler-rt and CMake builds on buildbots, but I will very soon care
about it very seriously.

I'd love to see such flags to test-release, and others that would make
sure compiler-rt is properly compiled (using CMake) and put on the
right path, and that libc++abi (which is required for unwinding) is
correctly placed on a lib dir.

For compiler-rt I had to fudge Clang to also add libgcc_s and
libgcc_eh for now, but if we also have libc++abi we really can't be
adding them. That's not done and will probably break. Could this be
what's giving you trouble?

Anyway, keep me in the loop of your CMake/libc++ adventures, as I'll
be checking it soon.

cheers,
--renato