[cfe-dev] [3.5 Release] <cxxabi.h> not found by clang-3.5 rc1 with libc++

Dan Albert danalbert at google.com
Mon Aug 4 08:58:52 PDT 2014

> ben:~/development/test$ clang++-3.5 -std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++ abi.cpp
> -nostdinc -I/usr/include/c++/v1
> In file included from abi.cpp:1:
> /usr/include/c++/v1/cxxabi.h:18:10: fatal error: 'stddef.h' file not found

-nostdinc*++*. We still want it to find the standard headers, just not
libstdc++.

LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXX controls whether or not LLVM itself is built with
libc++. AFAIK, it shouldn't affect clang's behavior from the user side of
things.

Sounds like it's an issue with clang's default include search path. Maybe
one of the clang people can chime in?