[cfe-dev] [3.5 Release] <cxxabi.h> not found by clang-3.5 rc1 with libc++

Ben Pope benpope81 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 03:38:21 PDT 2014

On 08/04/2014 10:22 AM, Marc J. Driftmeyer wrote:
> This has been broken on Linux [Debian Linux in my case], as in it has
> never worked on Linux that I've tested, but it magically works [for
> obvious reasons] on OS X.
>
> Debian has LLVM/Clang 3.4.2 with /usr/include/c++/v1/
>
> Building from trunk having /usr/local/include/c++/v1
>
> Both are broken.
>
> I don't even bother building trunk with the following turned on:
>
> //Use libc++ if available.
> LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXX:BOOL=ON
>
> I default to the following:
>
> //Use libc++ if available.
> LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXX:BOOL=OFF
>
> Otherwise, the damn stack won't compile. By off it just defaults to
> GCC's libstc++ stack and compiles as expected. Everything else with
> compiling a fresh libc++ builds when turned on in cmake, but this part.
>
> - Marc

I've been building and running the clang test releases and tests, as
well as trunk on Ubuntu for a while with libc++ and libc++abi, it's been
fine until the 3.5 RC1.

That is to say that the boost regression test suite that I also run and
publish, seem to have a very similar pass rate as gcc.

I don't usually build libc++ and libc++abi in-tree with clang and llvm,
but the clang release script was fine with 3.3, 3.4, 3.4.1, 3.4.2 and
perhaps earlier.

Ben