[cfe-dev] similar clang options for : -mno-80387 -mno-fp-ret-in-387

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Thu Apr 24 11:05:35 PDT 2014

No, we don't support these options, and I don't think we'll want to
implement -mno-fp-ret-in-387.  To my knowledge, nobody actually needs to
return floating point values in GPRs.  What the Linux kernel probably wants
is to completely disable floating point.  In an ideal world, both gcc and
clang would grow an -f[no-]floating-point flag, which would reject floating
point code in the frontend.