[cfe-dev] About Clang - Features and Goals webpage

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Tue Apr 22 23:16:31 PDT 2014

On 04/23/14 09:38 AM, Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to update this page:
> http://clang.llvm.org/features.html
>
> In particular, I would like to remove most of the information relative
> to performances. This for various reasons:
> * It is better if we leave third parties to do "independent" benchmark.
> * We compare Clang (version unspecified) with gcc 4.0 or 4.2.
> * The graphs have not been updated for a while.
> * Clang is well known now. I don't think we still need to explain why
> Clang is great.
>
> Any objection if I apply the attached patch?
imho it's good to remove outdated performance comparisons or at least
update them against current versions. If not publishing any data is a
goal(?) then a reference to the trusted "online benchmarks" should be
made. There are tons of passionate people who or may not mean well, but
publish worthless garbage.

To avoid trolls - It may be best to ping the community leaders on irc or
via email and coordinate with them.