[cfe-dev] libc++ on windows

Marc Driftmeyer mjd at reanimality.com
Tue Sep 10 13:41:44 PDT 2013

On 09/09/2013 07:15 AM, kumail wrote:
> I've read many posts about using libc++. Can someone tell me where should I
> download the libc++folder from LLVM website. Should I put this folder in
> llvm\tools or in Mingw?
>
> Secondly, what should I write in the command line for clang++ when I want to
> use libc++ instead of libstdc++?
>
> p.s. : when I use libstdc++ (libstdc++-6.dll) , the .exe crashed
> immediately. Is there some problem with the library file?
>
> Regards,
> Kumail
>

> --
Linux presently has libc++ checkout via git or svn under
<llvm/projects/> path. I cannot imagine it's different for Mingw but
someone here who knows Mingw can comment on it.

Debian Linux: llvm ->
                       llvm/projects/libcxx
                       llvm/projects/compiler-rt
                       llvm/projects/test-suite
                       llvm/tools/clang
                       llvm/tools/clang/extra
                       llvm/tools/lldb

Building libcxxabi separately within it's path that I place adjacent to llvm

                       libcxxabi.

Someone working on the Windows port would most certainly have all your info.

Inside this link shows configuration settings for Mingw.

http://libcxx.llvm.org/results.Windows.html

- Marc

--
Marc J. Driftmeyer