[cfe-dev] What are the plans for creating a Windows Binary Release of Clang?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Nov 11 22:18:42 PST 2013

In article <CA+2sLxX6Y2aK-LYz0TfBWa1HU=9P4ysu0GfK_O2+4tFwddUEBA at mail.gmail.com>,
    Devin Crumb <bitogre at gmail.com> writes:

> For me, I want to move to Clang because I want to start using C++11
> features.  I do not want to buy a new version of Visual Studio (I currently
> have VS2008) and Clang looks to be better than GCC.

Visual Studio Express Edition for C++ has been free since at least
Visual Studio 2005, which is almost a decade.

The express edition does not have a restricted license, nor does it
have a crippled compiler or library.

You don't get ATL or MFC last time I checked, but if you're interested
in mucking around with clang it's unlikely you'll be writing native
C++ COM objects with ATL or compiling 90s style GUI apps with MFC.