[cfe-dev] What are the plans for creating a Windows Binary Release of Clang?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon Nov 11 10:29:00 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Alp Toker <alp at nuanti.com> wrote:

> > I think it's really unfortunate that you're running your own website
> > and rolling your own builds. =/ So others on the list know, this is
> > not in any way part of the LLVM open source project, it is not being
> > maintained by the community at large but by some individuals (Alp at
> > least). Putting it at 'clang.org <http://clang.org>' is a best
> misleading.
>
> And llvm-reviews.chandlerc.com is maintained by the community, *ahem*?

See the email threads specifically requesting that this be incorporated as "
reviews.llvm.org", and saying that the current domain was just to demo the
tool. We're still waiting on folks to set up the domain for us, but the
entire community actually reviewed the documentation for this tool and we
had strong positive response from the community before even proposing wider
usage.

> But yes, let's add some links from the documentation on llvm.org if you
> think it'll clear things up. It's just there's not much there :-)

That's not really what I think needs fixing. I would much rather keep
information about LLVM and Clang on the LLVM and Clang webpages. Not on
separate other webpages with domains that lead to confusion. We don't need
more webpages ultimately, and we don't need more places to go to find
information about Clang, Windows, or other interactions.