[cfe-dev] How to add an option to clang

Anna Zaks ganna at apple.com
Mon Mar 11 11:09:57 PDT 2013

Yuval,

Have you tried using -analyzer-config options instead of adding a higher level option for the analyzer? We've recently added this mechanism and plan to make all analyzer options go through analyzer-config.

All you need to do is add the supporting code to AnalyzerOptions.h and AnalyzerOptions.cpp. For example, we've added "-analyzer-config max-times-inline-large=xx" option as part of r170361.

Anna.