[cfe-dev] Suggestion for C++ migration tool: tr1 removal

Marshall Clow mclow.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 08:43:10 PST 2013

On Mar 3, 2013, at 9:55 AM, Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM, Dmitri Gribenko <gribozavr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I think it would be great if the c++11 migration tool "migrated" away from using tr1 features in favor of using the ones in std.
>>
>> Sounds good!  If you are not going to work on it in immediate future,
>> please put this text in
>> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ClangTools.html#ideas-for-new-tools
>
> I went ahead and committed this as r176423, to ensure that it does not get lost.

So … how would you use the rewriting framework to change include file names?

For example,
change:		#include <tr1/unordered_map>
to:			#include <unordered_map>

Or the more general - how do you change preprocessor directives?

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Idio Software   <mailto:mclow.lists at gmail.com>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki