[cfe-dev] Building Clang/LLVM from Trunk with UnitTests On broken presently

Marc Driftmeyer mjd at reanimality.com
Wed Jul 3 17:55:42 PDT 2013

The following output from LLVM/Clang 3.3 on Debian and against GCC-4.8.1

CMakeFiles/ToolingTests.dir/ToolingTest.cpp.o:/home/mdriftmeyer/DeveloperProjects/LLVMProject/llvm/tools/clang/unittests/Tooling/ToolingTest.cpp:function
clang::tooling::newFrontendActionFactory_CreatesFrontendActionFactoryFromType_Test::TestBody():
error: undefined reference to 'clang::SyntaxOnlyAction::~SyntaxOnlyAction()'
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
make[2]: *** [tools/clang/unittests/Tooling/ToolingTests] Error 1
make[1]: ***
[tools/clang/unittests/Tooling/CMakeFiles/ToolingTests.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
mdriftmeyer at horus:~/DeveloperProjects/LLVMProject/cmake-clang-trunk$

I can turn off the unittests but I'd rather this got fixed.

And no I'm not deeply versed in C++, just yet. In fact, I'd prefer
sticking to C and ObjC as long as possible, even though I'll need to
bite the bullet on C++ for stuff like Bullet Library, OpenCL in many
cases and more for Numerical Analysis.

- Marc
--
Marc J. Driftmeyer