[cfe-dev] OpenCL C

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Dec 17 08:39:07 PST 2013

On 17 December 2013 16:32, Pekka Jääskeläinen <pekka.jaaskelainen at tut.fi>wrote:

> Isee the language support for OpenCL C and the OpenCL as a whole
> (built-in libs, the host API, kernel compiler for non SPMD machines,...)
> are two separate things.
>
> I was referring to the OpenCL C language support here.

Without a proper stack, it's hard to show that you are generating the
correct code, or that it will execute at all in at least one reference
platform.

I'd recommend to get wither x86_64 (+AVX) or ARM (+NEON) as the reference
platform and test GPUs later.

Agreed. I think this progress requires a "code owner" that cares.

Not really. Most contributions to make the ARM back-end a first-class
target didn't come from the code owners, but from the general community.

Since you don't even have one, I agree that you need it for the sake of
having one (that's a different issue), but the code owner doesn't need to
care much, if everyone else does.

cheers,
--renato