[cfe-dev] c11.c/cxx11.cpp tests are failing for Hexagon

Richard Smith richard at metafoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 12:19:05 PDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Jyotsna Verma <jverma at codeaurora.org>wrote:

> Hi Daniel/Richard,
>
> I'm seeing c11.c and cxx11.cpp tests failing on Hexagon with these two
> changes - r179427 and r179419.
>
> After your changes, we include stdint.h file (from lib/Headers) in both
> these tests. However,  if  __STDC_HOSTED__ macro is defined,
> lib/Headers/stdint.h includes system stdint.h file which includes
> features.h
> -> gnu/stubs-32.h. Since, we don't have stubs-32.h header file available
> for
> Hexagon, it causes the tests to fail.
>
> Please help me understand why the tests were modified to include stdint.h
> file and how to fix them for Hexagon.

These tests are testing the behavior of our <stdint.h> implementation. It
would certainly make sense to make them avoid including a system-provided
<stdint.h>. That will probably require somewhat different fixes for each
test:

I think (perhaps Daniel can confirm) that the c11.c test just wants to test
the contents of our own <stdint.h>, so modifying the test's RUN: line so
that the system-provided <stdint.h> is not on the search path would suffice.

For the cxx11.c test, what we're checking is that our builtin <stdint.h>
correctly works around http://sourceware.org/PR15366 -- though a better
(non-system-dependent) test here would be to craft a "system header"
<stdint.h> with the C99-specified behavior and put that in the system
headers include path for the test.