[cfe-dev] __thread keyword, LLVM 3.2 & Xcode 4.6

James Gregurich bayoubengal at me.com
Tue Nov 6 12:16:38 PST 2012

On Nov 6, 2012, at 11:18 AM, Jean-Daniel Dupas <devlists at shadowlab.org> wrote:

> The Release Notes comment is not about clang TLS support, but about LLVM TLS support (especially the ability to specify a model for TSL variables).
> If you want to know what the new feature is, the LLVM documentation give you exactly what you're looking for: http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#globalvars

I read that. What I deduced from that information was that perhaps LLVM 3.1 was incapable of properly supporting '__thread'. So, when I acquired LLVM 3.2, I re-tried the test and found that it still did not work. So, I was seeking to educate myself as to why it didn't work. Is such behavior not understandable for some reason? I'm not really sure what you are seeking to communicate to me on this topic. As far as I am concerned, the question is answered...I understand the limitations and the thread can terminate.

-James