[cfe-dev] __thread keyword, LLVM 3.2 & Xcode 4.6

Jean-Daniel Dupas devlists at shadowlab.org
Tue Nov 6 11:18:20 PST 2012

Le 6 nov. 2012 à 19:51, James Gregurich <bayoubengal at me.com> a écrit :

> On Nov 6, 2012, at 1:04 AM, Jean-Daniel Dupas <devlists at shadowlab.org> wrote:
>

>> The __thread keyword is a C extension (it not part of the standard). Using it with C++ as is even less specified than using it with C.
>
> so?
>
> If the 'thread_local' keyword was implemented, I'd use that…but it isn't implemented, so I'm testing with what is there. I don't really care what the keyword is.
>

>> Moreover, it has already be specified in the previous discussion that supporting C++ TLS required OS support. Updating Xcode does not change that.
>

> You'll recall that it was suggested to me that LLVM 3.2 offered something new and interesting in that regard.

The Release Notes comment is not about clang TLS support, but about LLVM TLS support (especially the ability to specify a model for TSL variables).
If you want to know what the new feature is, the LLVM documentation give you exactly what you're looking for: http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#globalvars

-- Jean-Daniel