[cfe-dev] How to use Clang to translate from C++ to another language

Tim Stowell stowellt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:37:23 PDT 2012

I've recently compiled Clang and LLVM on Windows. My goal is to use it to
translate from C++ to another language (specifically Actionscript), but I'm
not sure the best way to go about this. For example, if I invoke clang with
the -ast-print "pretty print" option, it looks like Clang can get a
faithful representation of the original code from its internal AST. Do I
need to somehow mimic that code so I get a pretty print in my new language?
Or should I walk the AST tree? Thanks for any help!