[cfe-dev] C++ analysis with Clang?

Karl Mazurak mazurak at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 4 16:20:44 PDT 2012

On 06/04/2012 02:40 PM, Manuel Klimek wrote:
> what we do is outputting strings of (key, value) pairs from the analysis
> and later  fold those via an outside script;

That's roughly what we were thinking about starting off with, which
sounds like it should work fine with a plugin.  (Unless I'm overlooking
something?)

> you can use python or somesuch for the post-processing

Speaking of which, there isn't official documentation for the LibClang
Python bindings yet, is there?

On 06/04/2012 04:57 PM, Anna Zaks wrote:
> You can use ViewCFG and DumpCFG checkers to see how C++ statements are
> modeled (and what the deficiencies are):
> *clang -cc1 -analyze -analyzer-checker=debug.ViewCFG test.c*

Hmm, my copy is still a bit out of date, but I'm getting nothing for
ViewCFG; DumpCFG works fine, though.

Also, is either of these formats meant to be read back in?  In case we
end up needing more detail in our whole program analyses.

On 06/04/2012 06:06 PM, Jim Goodnow II wrote:
> Actually, except for some of the new c++11 concepts like lambdas, most
> are currently handled and the analyzer can already be very useful for
> C++ programs.

Ah, good to know.

Thanks, all of you!

--