[cfe-dev] Locating standard library when using -cc1

Daniel Powell divot.powell at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 14 13:24:48 PDT 2012

Hi

> I've installed llvm/clang 3.1 on my debian testing box and I must say its
> working pretty well. I decided to be braver and use the completion mode in
> emacs, which, if I understood things correctly, relies on the clang
> compiler driver. The problem I have is that when I use the clang compiler
> driver I it doesn't seem to be able to locate the standard library:

I ran into this issue myself a bit ago. I solved it by compiling normally
(without -cc1) and use the -### argument. This will list the full commands
used at compile time, including the arguments loading the standard library
locations. I think it was the -internal-isystem and
-internal-externc-isystem arguments you want to look out for, but there
could be others.

Hope that helps,

Dan

--
--------
Daniel Powell
divot.powell at googlemail.com
http://tinyurl.com/powelld

The University of Edinburgh
Institute for Computer Systems Architecture