[cfe-dev] Locating standard library when using -cc1

Marco Craveiro marco.craveiro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 13:07:20 PDT 2012

Hi cfe-dev,

I've installed llvm/clang 3.1 on my debian testing box and I must say its
working pretty well. I decided to be braver and use the completion mode in
emacs, which, if I understood things correctly, relies on the clang
compiler driver. The problem I have is that when I use the clang compiler
driver I it doesn't seem to be able to locate the standard library:

$ clang -cc1 -fsyntax-only hello.cpp
hello.cpp:1:10: fatal error: 'iostream' file not found
#include <iostream>
         ^
1 error generated.

But all is well with the GCC driver:

$ clang -fsyntax-only hello.cpp
$

I've tried adding -stdlib=libstdc++ but had no luck. How to I convince the
clang compiler driver to find the GCC standard library?

Many thanks for your time,

Marco
--
So young, and already so unknown -- Pauli

blog: http://mcraveiro.blogspot.com