[cfe-dev] Clang as a compiler-only tool

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:49:21 PST 2012

> Two patches attaches - one for clang that splits CLANG_IS_COMPILER_ONLY to
> CLANG_DISABLE_REWRITER, CLANG_DISABLE_ARCMT and CLANG_DISABLE_STATIC_ANALYZER.
>
> And one for llvm that attempts to introduce --disable-clang-arcmt,
> --disable-clang-rewriter and --disable-clang-static-analyzer to llvm
> configure.
>
> I only need the clang part to be committed but I tried to provide
> autoconf part too.

I think I agree with Douglas that positive flags would be better than
negative ones. Can you change the patch to have, for example, a
--enable-clang-rewriter that defaults to true? The way that
AC_ARG_ENABLE works you should write just

AC_ARG_ENABLE(clang-rewriter, ...)

Remember to regenerate configure :-)

LGTM with those changes.

> Is it ok like this? Roman