[cfe-dev] Clang as a compiler-only tool

Roman Divacky rdivacky at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 3 05:53:00 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 02:06:16PM -0800, Douglas Gregor wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2012, at 1:38 PM, Rafael Esp?ndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> This is a poor solution to a general problem, and it's not even a solution that anyone outside of FreeBSD's build system can utility. As this patch stands, it doesn't belong in the main Clang repository.
> >
> > Would you be ok with it if CLANG_IS_COMPILER_ONLY is plugged to
> > configure and cmake?
>

> That's going in the right direction, but CLANG_IS_COMPILER_ONLY still feels like a misnomer. I'd much rather have CLANG_BUILD_STATIC_ANALYZER and CLANG_BUILD_ARC_MIGRATOR, with independent build settings in configure and CMake. It's at least a step toward the right general solution.

Two patches attaches - one for clang that splits CLANG_IS_COMPILER_ONLY to
CLANG_DISABLE_REWRITER, CLANG_DISABLE_ARCMT and CLANG_DISABLE_STATIC_ANALYZER.

And one for llvm that attempts to introduce --disable-clang-arcmt,
--disable-clang-rewriter and --disable-clang-static-analyzer to llvm
configure.

I only need the clang part to be committed but I tried to provide
autoconf part too.

Is it ok like this? Roman