[cfe-dev] boost warnings when using clang

James Gregurich bayoubengal at me.com
Tue Aug 14 14:20:13 PDT 2012

When I compile apps that use boost classes (boost 1.49), I get a number of compiler warnings.  I looked at one of them and it looks like a legitimate warning as they are doing an operation that results in a long being being converted to an int on 64 bit. I'm a bit puzzled how such a problem would not get fixed during the development cycle. Perhaps clang catches more issues than gcc or perhaps their macro usage causes the correct behavior on gcc but not on clang.

Does anyone on the clang team communicate with the  boost people to let them know when clang reports a warning that might be going unseen with gcc or VC++? If not, perhaps I should report them as their presence in my build logs bugs me.

-James