[cfe-dev] Getting USRs in a C++ library

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Fri Apr 13 10:34:34 PDT 2012

On Apr 13, 2012, at 10:29 AM, Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> wrote:

> I just killed the index library. I think it's fine to pull some of the implementation details of libclang up into the other libraries. USR generation, for example, could even reasonably live in AST.

I'm not so keen on that.  USRs seem like an extension, not a core part of the ASTs themselves.  Not even the CFG is in libAST.

Killing off the old libIndex is goodness, but I'd be fine with putting this in a new svelte libIndex, or possibly libAnalysis (where we have a variety of other things for "thinking" about code, e.g. the CFGs).