[cfe-dev] Libc++ Windows Semi-analyzed test results

Ruben Van Boxem vanboxem.ruben at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 07:56:17 PDT 2011

Hi,

Attached is a file describing in detail what libc++ tests failed in my test
run and why (if it could be easily deduced from comparing Clang/GCC output
or from the helpful Clang error messages). I used a slightly modified
testit, so that GCC (which doesn't use default a.out on Windows) could also
run the tests. That patch could use some work, I'll keep it local for now.

The good news: a lot of these have trivial fixes, and the fault lies in the
tests themselves (size of wchar_t, locale names, different number output
format...).
The bad news: Making this document sucked, and I'm never doing it again.

If in any way possible, thid could have a place in the libc++ source tree.
It would make finding outstanding test failures and their reasons easy.
Perhaps other platforms could then also keep track of failures. If not, I'll
create a general bug report for libc++ and attach this document. I of course
plan to keep this updated once fixes are applied.

A small summarizing note:
 - thread needs attention, probably most failures are due to winpthreads.
 - io (actually most kinds of streams) needs attention, failures pops up
everywhere.
 - lots of regex failures. Not good.
 - numerics has trouble with math functions. Perhaps a format issue.
 - stdint.h and uchar.h issues are being dealt with.

Re the last point: How does Clang handle __cplusplus and C++11?

I'll be using this as a basis to further fix Windows issues, but I'll have
less time from now on. It is a nice baseline status of libc++ on Windows.
Help is always appreciated ;-)

Ruben