[cfe-dev] [libc++] Running tests from cmake?

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Wed Sep 21 16:58:05 PDT 2011

  On 09/22/11 04:33 AM, David Chisnall wrote:
> So, we have all of the pieces for a completely open C++ stack and GNU ld is, I think, the last big stumbling block for a GPL-free FreeBSD 10.
PathScale is lining up the pieces to do part of the work for a linker,
but not all of it.  Someone @FBSD contacted me, but hasn't followed-up
to figure out if our work will be beneficial to you guys at all.

I honestly think the best option is grab the OpenSolaris linker.  (I
recently too a quick look at the sources and someone should be able to
easily extract it)

Pros
1) You may be able to find ports of it for ARM/MIPS/PPC/SPARC/x86
2) It works well - (I call bs to anyone that says contrary)
3) Extensively tested

Cons (I could be wrong on some of this)
1) Performance - This would possibly pop up with large C++ codes, but I
have no benchmarks to say how slow/fast it is.
2) Plugin architecture - This would tie into LTO/IPA and other compiler
optimizations
3) You're a license zealot