[cfe-dev] [libc++] Running tests from cmake?

OKUMURA Yuki mjt at cltn.org
Mon Sep 19 07:25:18 PDT 2011

2011/9/19 David Chisnall <csdavec at swan.ac.uk>:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working on the FreeBSD port of libc++, and have now finished implementing all of the xlocale APIs that libc++ requires

Wow

> , but I haven't been able to run the test suite.  There doesn't seem to be any documentation on building with cmake, but I presumed that make check would work after the build.  It definitely does something, but it dies with:
>
> import pkgutil # precompiled from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/pkgutil.pyc
> /usr/local/bin/python2.7: can't find '__main__' module in '/root/libcxx/build/test'
>
> Has anyone else ever tried this, and if so (how) did you make it work?

At I did something before (at
https://github.com/okuoku/bsd-cxx-runtime ), IIRC, CMake didn't set
proper lit.py path for it.
So if you like to use lit.py to testing the build:

1) checkout llvm and specify its utils/lit/lit.py fullpath for libc++
CMake configuration (as -DLIT_EXECUTABLE=/PATH/TO/utils/lit/lit.py)
2) Arrange libc++ test/lit.cfg to add FreeBSD configuration (like:
https://github.com/okuoku/libcxx/commit/abcfa43d5e6360dc311db63320a9d940e0c21ed1#diff-11
)

Good luck!