[cfe-dev] Odd piece of Clang 2.1 behaviour

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Wed Oct 12 22:31:01 PDT 2011

Douglas Gregor <dgregor at apple.com> writes:
> … and it's worth noting that GCC/LLVM-GCC/Clang all implement the
> same ABI, so different parts of a program can be compiled with
> different compilers.

Hmm, is this supposed to be true for C++ as well?

Recently I tried to do an incremental build of the llvm+clang tree
after switching to gcc as a compiler, from the system's installed
clang (which was having problems at the time, thus the switch).  The
resulting incremental build started spewing out link errors at some
point... which a "make clean" and rebuild fixed.

[However "switching to gcc" involved re-running configure, so the
problems may have been due to some difference in the autoconf-set
parameters...]

Thanks,

-Miles

--
The automobile has not merely taken over the street, it has dissolved the
living tissue of the city.  Its appetite for space is absolutely insatiable;