[cfe-dev] Odd piece of Clang 2.1 behaviour

Dallman, John john.dallman at siemens.com
Wed Oct 12 08:01:57 PDT 2011

> FWIW,  llvm-gcc provides the same source compatibility as
> gcc (including -fpermissive), since it's the same front end.

Indeed, but for the customers that need looking after carefully,
just getting them off Mac OS X 10.5 onto something modern is a
big win, and making that path as smooth as possible this time
round is helpful.

> ... and it's worth noting that GCC/LLVM-GCC/Clang all implement
> the same ABI, so different parts of a program can be compiled
> with different compilers.

Oh, I know. Without that, I would not be attempting to go up to
Clang myself.

thanks,

--
John Dallman