[cfe-dev] Changing the way Clang's driver computes the library search paths on Linux

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Mon Oct 3 02:15:35 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>wrote:

> FYI, I've got VMs set up for most of the relevant distros at this point,
> and I think the patch with one slight fix should be good to go. I'm planning
> on committing it, along with improved sysroot support shortly. Once that's
> in, I'll be testing it out on lots of different distros and fixing any
> fallout.

Most of this is committed as of r141000. Both detection of GCC installations
and the basic system library paths respect system roots, and the pattern
matches that of GCC as closely as I could, and appears to be compatible with
the layout of most of the distributions I tested it on.

There is more work to be done to make the triple-detection and installation
detection more sysroot aware, and more intelligent. There is also work to be
done to remove several of the distribution-specific kludges that are no
longer needed, and to properly support the new Debian multiarch structure.
I'm also seeing oddities in Ubuntu multilib paths that I'm hoping to
correct, but these were pre-existing.

If folks see issues, please let me know and I'll try to respond promptly.