[cfe-dev] Changing the way Clang's driver computes the library search paths on Linux

Miles Bader miles at gnu.org
Sun Oct 2 20:52:48 PDT 2011

Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>
writes:
> FYI, I've got VMs set up for most of the relevant distros at this point, and
> I think the patch with one slight fix should be good to go. I'm planning on
> committing it, along with improved sysroot support shortly. Once that's in,
> I'll be testing it out on lots of different distros and fixing any fallout.
>
> I'll try to get to Debian and get the substance of the patch posted rolled
> in as well.

Be sure to use a very recent development release ("unstable") of
Debian, because the "multiarch" changes (which tend to break things
like compilers...) are not in the latest stable release.

Thanks,

-Miles

--
The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or
fears or wishes rather than with their minds.  -- Will Durant