[cfe-dev] Is there a warning when using the wrong types that do not have the same underlying type on all systems?

Nikola Smiljanic popizdeh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:30:38 PST 2011

As you said there is no problem when these types are the same
(string::size_type being a typedef to size_t). And in case they do differ,
the compiler would give a warning assuming the conversion is potentially
dangerous (int x = s.size())?

So I guess everything already works as expected? I just can't see the
benefit of your proposal. I personally hate seeing code like
string::size_type and map::value_type, even though it's more correct it
just seems like more verbosity in the most verbose language ever :)