[cfe-dev] Status of constexpr

Sean Hunt scshunt at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 10 19:16:04 PDT 2011

On 05/10/11 08:48, Peter Collingbourne wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> I have been working on a constexpr branch recently, but I have been
> really bad about getting my changes into trunk (mainly due to a lack
> of time).  My branch is available here:
>
> http://git.pcc.me.uk/?p=~peter/clang.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/constexpr
>
> The main problem is that some of the changes cause test regressions,
> but there are some earlier changes (e.g. a literal type test) that we
> should be able to commit.  Once I find some time I'll try to commit
> some of this.
>
> Thanks,

I'd like to take a look at it except that it's got some weird build
problems, possibly due to out of date. You also have
include/clang/AST/StmtVisitor.inc in the repository, which is a no-no.

Looking at the history, I also see that you have interspersed your SVN
history with your own rather than rebasing it. I'm not quite sure how
you managed that but it makes it almost impossible to deal with from a
git perspective - in order to do useful work on it, it would be
necessary to extract all the patches you've made and re-apply them on a
clean tree.

Sean