[cfe-dev] Status of constexpr

Peter Collingbourne peter at pcc.me.uk
Tue May 10 08:48:59 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 07:47:29PM -0700, Sean Hunt wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Is anyone out there currently working on constexpr? More features,
> including default constructors, are getting implemented that affect
> constexpr in some way, and some level of constexpr support is needed to
> properly compile newer libstdc++.
>
> If you're out there, can you please stand up?

Hi Sean,

I have been working on a constexpr branch recently, but I have been
really bad about getting my changes into trunk (mainly due to a lack
of time).  My branch is available here:

http://git.pcc.me.uk/?p=~peter/clang.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/constexpr

The main problem is that some of the changes cause test regressions,
but there are some earlier changes (e.g. a literal type test) that we
should be able to commit.  Once I find some time I'll try to commit
some of this.

Thanks,
--
Peter